All the information you need to know about hair removal. ( hair removal 10024 )
I ventured out into Laser Hair Removal four years prior, when a companion that completed her medicines lifted her arm to demonstrate to me the smooth delicateness that lay underneath. This was an underarm that had been to Laser land and returned restored, bald and content. I expected to go to there.( hair removal 10024)
As a medium-bristly Russian Jewess, body hair and how to evacuate it has been a distraction of mine since secondary school. I can’t tally the various scratches and trims from shaving persevered from dull razors, the agonizing fallout of ingrown hairs, the red knocks and the general irritation.( hair removal 10024) What’s more, how would I ever move beyond the injury of having an unusual lady pour wax onto my under districts as I lay, defenseless in a cool room, legs spread out noticeable all around, totally helpless before her yanking abilities. There must be a superior way. Furthermore, with laser, I was wanting to discover it.
Like a great many people considering dove in, I inquired as to whether would it be justified regardless of the value (it’s not even that costly any longer), in the event that it would hurt (now and then, however not in the way you think), or on the off chance that it would even work! (On particular body parts, it works superbly). Beyond any doubt laser was changeless, more costly and conceivably hazardous (we’ve all heard the loathsomeness stories of scarring), however was my ordinary hair expulsion schedule any better? In the event that I never needed to stroll into another nail salon while a judgmental bare Asian lady studied my swimsuit line with a moan and shake of the head, it would be justified, despite all the trouble.
Presently, quite a long while past that first treatment, I might be a couple of hundred dollars poorer, however very much smoother thus considerably more joyful about my body hair — or need there of. Every one of my companions that have gotten laser are excited with the outcomes, including a few men that swear by it (not everybody favored with a full trunk of hair needs that full trunk of hair).( hair removal 10024) With reasonable salons flying up everywhere throughout the city, this once exorbitant choice is presently scarcely more costly than a top of the line waxing salon. Thus, for those of you considering going along with me in Laserland, read on for accommodating tips for leaving all alone laser travel.
• Laser hair removal works best on light skin and dark hair. I swear by the Candela laser, but there are many other brands, including newer ones for dark skin and dark hair, like the Yag laser.
• Can I get it — anywhere…? Almost. As far as I know, eyebrows or any other hair near your eyes is a no go, but the rest of your bodacious wonderland is fair game.( hair removal 10024) This includes Brazilian, that pesky nipple hair and even the anus (which surprisingly didn’t even hurt) TMI? This is a post about removing body hair, so, yeah.
• How much is this going to cost me? I’ve found amazing Groupon deals ranging from $99 – $300 for six sessions on a medium to large area. Buying in bulk will serve you best, as a la carte options range from $50 a session (underarms) to $300 (Brazilian) — Yikes! However, with salons popping up everywhere and a deal to be had on numerous discount sites, I really see no reason to pay full price.( hair removal 10024) Just commit and buy a package already – if you end up backing out, gift it to your best friend — s/he will thank you.
• You will need to shave the area you want lasered a day or two before your appointment. So if you are going Brazilian down there, get cracking and don’t forget your, um — crack. Some places charge a fee for shaving you — yes, I did just write those words. Wouldn’t you prefer to just shave yourself — it will be one of the last times you will ever have to again!( hair removal 10024)
• Pain factor I found the first four or five sessions to be quite manageable. However, waiting too long between subsequent sessions increases the pain tenfold, so stick to the schedule discussed with your technician (usually 6 weeks between treatments).( hair removal 10024)
• How does it feel? I can only describe it as a rubber band snapping followed by a cooling sensation. Plus, they give you orange tinted safety goggles to wear while you’re being zapped, making it easier to go to your happy place where pain does not exist. More intimate areas hurt more. If you really can’t handle the pain, most places offer numbing lotion you can put on beforehand, but it costs a pretty penny.
• Can I go during my lunch break? A laser treatment is surprisingly quick, depending on your technician’s style and how many breaks you need due to how painful you find it. I’ve been in and out in under three minutes, while Brazilian can take about ten – fifteen. Each zap kills a hair in a second and no area is zapped twice, so even if it hurts, the laser quickly moves on to a new place.( hair removal 10024)
• Results Will Vary. I’ve gotten my bikini line, underarms, arms and legs lasered to varying results. I’m told laser treatment is most effective on very dark, coarse hair. I have had less successful results on my arms (too light and thin) and medium results on my legs (it grows in patches). However, my underarms and bikini results are a godsend and it is amazing to throw on a bathing suit, wear a tank top or change in a public area without having to worry about any hairy surprises.( hair removal 10024)
• Tanning & Laser Don’t do it at least four weeks before and two weeks after a treatment. I recommend starting treatments in the fall, as it will take about a year to get the recommended 6-10 sessions in before you want to be on the beach with the new, smoother you.( hair removal 10024)
Make sure you read the reviews of the salon you choose to frequent — you definitely want a place with licensed technicians that know what they are doing.( hair removal 10024) In New York City, I can personally vouch for Pulse Laser and Satori Laser salon, two clean places with pleasant and qualified technicians that often run great promotions.
I wish you luck on your laser journey — should you decide to take it (which, if you haven’t already garnered from this post, I highly recommend you do).( hair removal 10024) Because unlike that N’SYNC tattoo you got when you were in high school, the permanent results from laser hair removal are something you will never regret.
( hair removal 10024)
Visit Us at #CityBrows #NYC
(718) 488-8600 // http://citybrows.com
Join and Follow us on:
Twitter: coming soon
Instagram: coming soon
We #love seeing you here!
#Hair #wax #waxing #hairremoval #removal #eyelashes #eyelashtinting#tinting #heena #tattoos #facials #Eyebrows #eyebrow #women #mens #NYC #NewYork #Manhattan #Broadway